This recipe and photography was provided courtesy of local cookbook author and chef, Carla Snyder. Learn more about Carla and discover her recipes at Ravenouskitchen.com or in her cookbook, One Pan Whole Family. For more recipes from this watermelon series, click here to visit the index.
Lovely to look at and delicious to drink, this simple watermelon cooler takes a spritzer to the next level. Start with a dry sparkling wine like prosecco for a drink that’s not too sweet but just fruity enough to make any day a celebration.
It’s that easy: Midori is a melon liquor. Very sweet and bright green, it’s heavier than water so it sits at the bottom of a glass if gently drizzled down the side. I don’t use it so much for taste as for a pretty effect so the drink is delicious without it, but prettier with it.
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- Watermelon juice
- Sparkling white wine or prosecco
- Midori liquor
- Watermelon slices as garnish
- Add 1-oz watermelon juice to a flute glass and top with sparkling white wine.
- Pour Midori onto a large tablespoon and drizzle it slowly down the inside of the glass. You’ll see it settle on the bottom.
- Add another spoon if you need to and garnish with the watermelon slice.