The following recipe, video and photography were provided by our partner, Chef Billy Parisi.
Treat Dad to a quick and easy surf & turf meal this Father’s Day! Layer Heinen’s CARE Certified tender sirloin and fresh deveined shrimp on a wooden skewer for a winning combination!
Don’t forget the topping! Drizzle this homemade chimichurri sauce blended with parsley, cilantro and finely minced garlic, oregano and diced Fresno peppers for beautiful herb flavor.
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
For the Sauce
- ½ cup fresh parsley, finely minced
- 3 Tbsps. fresh cilantro, finely minced
- 2 Tbsps. fresh oregano, finely minced
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced
- 1 Fresno pepper, seeded and finely minced
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 3 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup of olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
For the Kebabs
- 2 lbs. Heinen's fresh shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 lbs. Heinen's CARE Certified sirloin steak cut into 1-inch cubes
- Preheat the grill to high heat.
- In a large bowl, mix together all of the ingredients for the sauce and set aside. Any leftover can be stored covered in the refrigerator for up to 10 days.
- Soak some wooden skewers in water for 15-20 minutes.
- Skewer the protein, alternating the meat and shrimp until everything has been used.
- Place the skewers on a hot grill for 3-3 ½ minutes per side or until grill marks have formed and the shrimp is finished cooking.
- Garnish with chimichurri sauce.