This post was created in collaboration with Claire Xu of Eats with Claire and West Pak Avocado. The recipe and photography for this post was provided courtesy of local food blogger, Claire Xu. To see more of Claire’s recipes, visit her Instagram page @eatswithclaire.
Now that Memorial Day is here, millions of fathers are dusting off their grills, getting some last-minute propane and finalizing the recipe for their classic burger. This year, we’ve got a wonderful avocado chicken burger that will shake things up just enough to win you some serious congratulations in any cookout competition you come across.
Chicken Avocado Burgers
Makes 6-7 Chicken Patties
- 2 pounds ground chicken,
- 3 cups spinach
- 1/2 a red pepper, diced
- 3 cloves of minced garlic
- 4 tbsp corn starch or binder of your choice (flour or almond meal works too)
- 1 large avocado, peeled, pitted, and cut into 1/4 inch chunks
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- Preheat an outdoor or indoor grill to medium or about 375 degrees F.
- 2. Heat the garlic in a pan with hot oil, add in red pepper and cook until soft. Then, add in the spinach and cook down until wilted.
- 3. In a large bowl, combine chicken, cooked down veggies, corn starch, salt, and pepper until evenly combined. Carefully fold in the avocado. Shape into 6-7 patties.
- 4. Oil the grill, and then, cook burgers on each side for about 5 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F.