Recipe adapted from: https://shuangyskitchensink.com/
Don’t let the color fool you! This dish is half cauliflower and half sweet potato whipped together in delicious harmony.
It’s a nice alternative to traditional sweet potatoes for those watching their blood sugar this holiday season.
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 1 medium head of cauliflower, washed, cored and chopped into small florets
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped into cubes
- 1-2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup Heinen’s canned unsweetened coconut milk
- 1/2 cup Heinen’s vegetable stock
- Sea salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 Tbsp. grass-fed butter or ghee
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- ½ Tbsp. Heinen’s coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
- 2 Tbsp. Heinen’s pure maple syrup
- Place sweet potatoes, cauliflower, garlic, coconut milk, vegetable stock, salt and pepper in a pot.
- Bring to a boil. Put the lid on and let it simmer for 30-35 minutes, or until the sweet potatoes are soft enough to poke through with a fork.
- Add the contents to a blender or food processor and blend until smooth. You could also use an immersion blender or handheld mixer.
- Stir in the butter or ghee, then add the contents to a serving bowl.
- Toss the pecans in the coconut oil. Add a few dashes of cinnamon and heat in a small frying pan over medium heat until lightly browned and crispy.
- Sprinkle on top of the mash followed by a sprinkle of cinnamon and nutmeg and a drizzle of maple syrup.