The following recipe and photography was provided courtesy of our friends at Smith’s Dairy.
What’s Thanksgiving without a sweet potato side dish? Light and fluffy with a little crunch from a brown sugar-pecan topping, this soufflé is easy to make and sure to sweeten any holiday meal!
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 5 cups mashed sweet potatoes
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2/3 cup Smith's milk
- 3 Heinen's cage-free eggs
- 2 sticks Heinen's butter
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 1/3 cups Heinen's organic brown sugar
- 1 cup pecans, finely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350˚F.
- Boil the sweet potatoes prior to mashing.
- In the meantime, melt one stick of butter in a microwave-safe bowl, ensuring that it is not too hot.
- Add the brown sugar and flour and mix.
- Add the pecans and set the mixture aside.
- Drain the sweet potatoes.
- Add one stick of butter to the pot with the sweet potatoes and let it melt.
- Using a hand mixer on low speed, mix the sweet potatoes, butter, milk, sugar, salt and vanilla until combined.
- Increase the speed to medium-high and add the eggs, one at a time, until the mixture becomes fluffily and smooth.
- Spread the mixture into a 9×13 pan.
- Sprinkle the topping over top.
- Place in the preheated oven and bake for 40 minutes.