The following recipe and photography were provided by local blogger Abby Thome of The Thome Home.
The perfect balance of sweet and spicy with just a touch of tropical flavor, these pulled pork tacos are meaty and refreshing!
Coated in a delicious dry rub and cooked low and slow in a BBQ, sriracha and Coca-Cola-infused sauce, this is a creative, family friendly way to serve Heinen’s incredible CARE Certified pork!
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
For the Pork
- 4 lb. Heinen's CARE Certified Pork Butt Roast
- 1 cup BBQ sauce
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1-2 Tbsp. sriracha (add more for extra heat)
- 1/2 can of Coca-Cola
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp. chili powder
- 1 Tbsp. paprika
- 1 Tbsp. garlic powder
- 2 tsp. cumin
- 1/2 Tbsp. salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
For the Pineapple Salsa
- 1 pineapple, peeled and cored
- 1/2 medium red onion, minced
- 1 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- Pinch of kosher salt and pepper
- Brioche buns
- Mix the brown sugar, chili powder, paprika, garlic powder, cumin, salt and pepper together. Pat onto all sides of the pork roast.
- In a small bowl, stir together the BBQ sauce, apple cider vinegar, sriracha, and Coca-Cola.
- Place the roast in a slow cooker or Instant Pot and pour the sauce on top.\
- If using an Instant Pot, cook on high for 80 minutes and let the pressure naturally release for 20 minutes.
- If using a slow cooker, cook on high for 5-6 hours or on low for 8 hours. I prefer the low and slow method for more tender meat.
- Remove the pork from the cooking vessel and shred with two forks. Toss in your favorite BBQ sauce.
- Mix together all of the pineapple salsa ingredients and serve in tortillas or on brioche buns with the pulled pork.