The following recipe was created in collaboration with Lauren Schulte. To see more of her bites and meals, visit her Instagram @TheBiteSizePantry.
Rosé all day? Yes way! As summer days begin, so does the sound of clinking glasses filled with crisp summer rosé “cheersing” to the memories that are being created.
Turn your favorite summer rosé from Heinen’s vast selection into a festive and fruity cocktail for two, three or just you. Frozen watermelon and a splash of rosé blended and served in the watermelon from where it came is the perfect way to spend a hot summer day.
Watermelon Frozé Splash Cocktail
- 2-3 cups of frozen watermelon (One small watermelon equals about 3 cups.)
- 12 oz. of your favorite rosé (about half of the bottle)
- 2 cups crushed ice
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- 1 can of Strawberry Bubly Sparkling Water, or your favorite seltzer water
- 3-4 fresh mint leaves, plus more for garnish
- Slice a small watermelon in half and scoop out the insides leaving each of the watermelon rinds intact. Place the watermelon insides in plastic Ziploc baggies and freeze for up to 2 hours.
- Once the watermelon is frozen, remove from the baggies and combine all ingredients in a high-powdered blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into the watermelon rinds, garnish with fresh mint and serve with a fun party straw.