This recipe and photography was provided courtesy of local cookbook author and chef, Carla Snyder. Learn more about Carla and discover her recipes at Ravenouskitchen.com or in her cookbook, One Pan Whole Family.
Start to finish: 15 minutes
Hands on time: 15 minutes
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4-oz water
- Zest of 2 lemons
- 6-oz lemon juice
- 24-oz watermelon juice
- Club soda
- Lemon slices, watermelon wedges and mint as garnish
- Combine sugar, water and zest in a microwave safe measuring cup and microwave until sugar has dissolved, about 2 minutes.
- Give it a stir and cool slightly by adding 6 to 8 ice cubes.
- In a pitcher with ice, strain the syrup through a fine mesh sieve and combine with the lemon and watermelon juices.
- Serve in ice filled glasses with a splash of soda and garnish of your choice of lemon slices, watermelon wedges or mint.