This recipe and photography was provided courtesy of local cookbook author and chef, Carla Snyder. Learn more about Carla and discover her recipes at Ravenouskitchen.com or in her cookbook, One Pan Whole Family. For more recipes from this watermelon series, click here to visit the index.
This watermelon marg is sure to be your new summer favorite. Super simple with only 4 ingredients, the quality of tequila will really make a difference so use a good silver tequila for the smoothest margarita cocktail. However, a word of warning as these margaritas are so delicious that you may drink them faster than you probably should. Beware!
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 12-oz silver tequila
- 12-oz watermelon juice
- 6-oz lime juice (about 6 limes)
- 3-oz agave nectar
- Lime and watermelon wedges as garnish
- Kosher salt
- In a small pitcher, stir together the tequila, watermelon, lime and agave. Taste and add more lime or agave if it needs it.
- Run a lime wedge around the edge of each glass and dip onto a plate of kosher salt.
- For each drink, pour 8 oz into an ice filled shaker and shake. Pour into prepared glass and garnish with lime and or a watermelon wedge.