This recipe and photography was provided courtesy of local cookbook author and chef, Carla Snyder. Learn more about Carla and discover her recipes at Ravenouskitchen.com or in her cookbook, One Pan Whole Family. For more recipes from this watermelon series, click here to visit the index.
Watermelon, rum, mint and lime are such a refreshing combination that when testing this recipe we made it three nights in a row…even though we were pretty sure we got it right the first time. Boozy, tart, sweet and seriously delish, this recipe makes a small pitcher so guests can serve themselves.
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 4-oz lime juice (about 4 limes)
- 3-oz Cointreau
- 2-oz agave nectar
- 3/4-oz or 1 package mint leaves plus more for garnish
- 10-oz white rum
- 18-oz watermelon juice
- Club soda
- Lime and watermelon wedges for garnish
- In a small pitcher, combine the lime juice, Cointreau, agave and mint and muddle the mint, bruising the leaves and releasing the flavor.
- Stir in the rum and watermelon juice. Taste and add more agave or lime if it needs it.
- For each drink, pour 6 oz into an ice filled glass and top with club soda. Garnish with fresh mint and lime slices.