This recipe and photography was provided courtesy of local cookbook author and chef, Carla Snyder. Learn more about Carla and discover her recipes at Ravenouskitchen.com or in her cookbook, One Pan Whole Family. This recipe is part of a series on Essential Summer Picnic Items. To visit the index, click here.
It may be revealing too much to say this, but I could sit outside with a pitcher of this delightful drink on a hot day with a big straw and a good book and experience about as much contentment as life has to offer.
Start to finish: 1 hour 30 minutes
Hands on time: 30 minutes
- 1 bottle Pinot Grigio
- 1/3 cup brandy
- 1/4 cup orange liqueur
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 ripe mango, peeled and cut into 1-in cubes
- 1 sweet/tart apple such as Gala, Jazz or Crispin, seeded and sliced
- 1 orange or two clementines, skin on, thinly sliced
- In a large pitcher, combine the wine, brandy, and orange liqueur.
- Pour in the sugar, stir or shake the pitcher thoroughly to mix. Add all the fruit at once.
- Allow the mixture to sit refrigerated for 1 hour before serving to allow the flavors to properly blend. Transfer to 8-oz Mason jars along with some of the fruit. Add ice when you get to the picnic.
Make-ahead: Can be made up to 1 day ahead and kept refrigerated.