This post and photography are courtesy of Holistic Wellness Expert, Nic Abraham. Interested in learning more about wellness? Join Heinen’s Club Fx and for more wellness tips, recipes, product promotions and one-on-one coaching with Heinen’s Wellness Consultants and Registered Dietitians.
Wellness bars are an excellent source of nutrition and allow a level of convenience that fits perfectly into our busy schedules. These nutrient-rich bars are packed with vitamins and minerals and provide the energy we need to perform efficiently. Whether you’re looking to replace a meal, enjoy as a snack or fill in the gaps, there are plenty of options.
What’s more, is wellness bars fill many needs. They taste great, are low in calories, packed with protein and are enjoyable on-the-go. Here are my top picks from Heinen’s Wellness Department.
These bars taste great and provide the energy you need to get through the morning.
- Thunderbird Pecan Goji Pistachio Real Food Bar is simply dates, pecans, almonds, pistachios, Himalayan sea salt, goji berries and dried golden berries. All ingredients complement each other to create the perfect blend of sweet and crunchy.
- Nature’s Bakery Fig Bar is like a wholesome fig newton with no high-fructose corn syrup or artificial flavors. It’s also non-GMO and plant-based, which is a huge plus for me. Packed with real fruit, figs and whole wheat, it’s an ideal option to help fuel your day.
In need of extra protein? A protein-packed bar will fill you up and provide a few missing nutrients.
- NuGo Vanilla Yogurt Nutrition Bar is a tasty, non-GMO and gluten-free option that contains 11 grams of protein. It’s light, full of vitamins and minerals and will fill you up without a full feeling.
- NuGo Slim Mint Chocolate Chip Nutrition Bar is a favorite of mine. That’s because it’s indulgent, but contains no Maltitol or artificial sweeteners. With just a few grams of sugar, this vegan-friendly, high-fiber bar contains 17 grams of protein, which makes it a winner in my book.
To keep life simple on busy days, throw a delicious fruit, nut or whole grain bar in your bag to keep you going strong.
These bars contain two whole servings of fruit and absolutely nothing else! You can taste the fruit in every bite, and it’s 100% natural.
- Larabars are one of my favorite clean snacks. They are creamy, nutty, sweet and ridiculously satisfying. Not to mention, they are dairy-free, gluten-free and non-GMO.
- Whoa Dough Cookie Dough Bars are just fun! Eating cookie dough reminds me of childhood and feels a bit nostalgic. The best part is that this cookie dough is gluten-free, dairy-free, plant-based, non-GMO and soy-free with no artificial flavors.
Satisfy the Sweet Tooth
Want something sweet without all the sugar? Try a low-calorie bar to satisfy your sweet tooth.
- Kind Bars trick you into believing you’re consuming an indulgent snack. With only 5 grams of sugar, the combinations of nuts, fruit, honey and spices are deliciously satisfying.
- Raw Rev Brownie Batter Glo Bar is fantastic. Its dark chocolate chips are enormous, and the bar tastes just like a real brownie! Plant-based with only 4 grams of sugar, this is a sweet treat that kids and adults will love.
A Guilt-Free Treat
The best treats are the ones that are decadent and guilt-free. If you like to enjoy a delicious dessert after a good meal, these options are sure to please.
- It can be your birthday every night with Good! Snacks Birthday Protein Bar. It’s virtually a soy-free and non-GMO slice of frosted cake that’s packed plant protein.
- Quest Protein Bars have so many benefits! The White Chocolate Raspberry bar contains 20 grams of protein, 15 grams of fiber, 5 grams of net carbs, 1 gram of sugar and is simply delicious. I was shocked at how much I loved it. It was the perfect ending to a great meal.
Getting hungry? Me too! I encourage you to try as many of these bars as you can for a convenient way to help meet your daily diet needs.