The following recipe and photography was provided courtesy of Heinen’s Club Fx Recipe Developer and Food Photographer, Allianna Moximchalk from Allianna’s Kitchen.
This Cold Pepper Salad is delicious and so easy to make! I don’t know about you, but I love not having to use my oven in the summer, which makes this light, colorful and flavorful dish the answer to my warm weather mealtime prayers!
A honey-infused dressing is what makes this salad so special! I love adding it to the salad a few hours before serving so that it has time to sit and marinate the veggies! While any oil will work in this recipe, olive oil is my favorite. Olive oil has a low smoke point, which means it is best used in dressings and marinades where no cooking is required. The olive flavor pairs so well with this recipe, but avocado oil would work too.
- Prep time:
- Total time:
For the Salad
- 3 large bell peppers of varying colors, washed and sliced
- ½ cucumber, washed and sliced
- ½ red onion, sliced
- ½ cup fresh mint leaves, chopped
- Red pepper flakes, for serving
For the Dressing
- 2 lemons, juiced or 2 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- ⅓ cup honey
- Pinch of sea salt
- Black pepper, to taste
- Add all of the dressing ingredients to a bowl. Whisk until combined.
- Add all of the salad ingredients to a separate serving bowl. Drizzle the dressing overtop and mix well.
- Set the dressed salad in the fridge for 2-3 hours to allow it to marinate prior to serving. Serve cold with red pepper flakes, if desired.