The following recipe and photography is courtesy of Graham R. and his dog, Carl. For more of their delicious food ventures, visit them on Instagram @cookingwithcarrrl.
Are you a very subpar cook? Do you want a recipe that will make you look like you know what you’re doing in the kitchen? Well, listen up! I have the perfect recipe that’s perfect for the holidays, a summer BBQ or a simple weekend side. Spoiler alert, it’s corn!
Corn Soufflé sounds fancy, at least to me, and usually fancy equals hard work! Not with this recipe. You’ll find versions of a Corn Soufflé all over the internet, but I flipped the script and added two extra ingredients to the batter that made a world of a difference. One egg and some sugar turn this traditionally dense casserole into a fluffy side dish that will honestly overshadow the main dish! I’m often asked to make this for our family gettogethers and I always happily oblige. One it is delicious, and two, it requires minimal effort while making me look good!
Of course, I can’t take all the credit for this deliciousness because Heinen’s has my back, as usual! This recipe utilizes a ton of Heinen’s brand goods and for good reason. Their quality is unmatched! From the corn to the eggs, be sure to pick out some of my Heinen’s favorites.
As with most of my recipes, this is just a starter, so feel free to add flavors you and your family enjoy. I sometimes leave out the sugar and load it up with chilies, cheese and even bacon! You could load this up with whatever you’re craving and have a meal ready in no time.
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 1 can Heinen's creamed corn
- 1 can Heinen's sweet corn, drained
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1 stick Heinen's butter, melted
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 box Jiffy corn muffin mix
- 2 Tbsp. Heinen's honey
- 1/2 serrano pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all of the ingredients, except for the honey and serrano pepper. Mix well.
- Pour the batter into a greased skillet or baking dish (8×8 works great). Top with the sliced serrano peppers and bake for 35 minutes.
- After 35 minutes check for doneness by inserting a toothpick into the center of the bread. If it comes out clean, the bread is done.
- Remove from the oven, top with 2-3 Tbsp. of butter and a drizzle the honey . Let rest for 5 minutes before serving. Enjoy!