The following recipe and photography was provided by recipe developer and food photographer, Ashley Durand of Plate & Pen.
Sip your way into healthier eating habits with this flavorful and fruity dragon fruit smoothie!
We’ve all had smoothies loaded with traditional berries or greens, so I’m shaking things up with the less popular, but equally delicious, dragon fruit. You can easily find it in Heinen’s Produce Department.
Although it may look exotic, dragon fruit actually has a similar flavor to more common fruit like kiwis and pears. High in fiber and magnesium, it’s the perfect nutrient-rich ingredient for this healthy smoothie.
Delicious as an on-the-go breakfast or snack between meals, blend up this refreshing concoction when your stomach growls for something sweet.
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 4 frozen bananas, quartered
- 1 dragon fruit, peeled and large chopped
- 2 Tbsp. Heinen's freshly ground almond butter
- 1/3 cup oat milk
- 1 Tbsp. Heinen's honey
- 2 Tbsp. hemp hearts, for topping
- If the bananas are not frozen, add a cup of ice to a high-powered blender or food processor. If the bananas are frozen, do not add ice.
- Add all of the ingredients to the blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
- Top each smoothie with the hemp hearts for added protein.