Eggnog French Toast Bake
2 cups eggnog
4 large eggs
¼ cup sugar
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon vanilla
Pinch of salt
1 loaf of brioche bread cut into 1” cubes
4 tablespoons unsalted butter
1/3 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup walnuts
1 seeded medium diced evercrisp apple
powdered sugar and maple syrup for garnish
1. Preheat the oven to 350°.
2. In a large bowl whisk together the eggnog, eggs, sugar, cinnamon and vanilla until completely combined. Set aside.
3. Add the cubed brioche to an 11×7 casserole dish and pour the eggnog mixture over top.
4. Press the bread down with a spoon making sure to coat the bread in the eggnog batter. Set aside.
5. Next, add in the butter, brown sugar and walnuts to a food processor and pulse until the walnuts are the size of rice and the butter is cut in.
6. Evenly sprinkle the walnut mixture over top of the bread and eggnog casserole dish.
7. Bake in the oven at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until browned on top and firm.
8. Garnish with apples, powdered sugar and maple syrup.