The following recipe and photography was provided by Christina Musgrave of Tasting with Tina.
If you have never tried smashed potatoes, consider this your sign! They are consistently a crowd pleaser and versatile, too!
Garlic Smashed Potatoes are the perfect addition to a holiday table, weeknight meal or dinner party spread. Each bite is buttery, garlicky, crunchy and oh-so delicious!
Garlic Smashed Potatoes
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 2 lbs. Yukon gold baby potatoes
- 1 package Heinen’s garlic butter
- 1 tsp. Heinen's olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp. fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 2 Tbsps. Heinen’s 24-month aged Parmigiano Reggiano
- Fresh thyme, for serving
- Place the potatoes in a large pot of salted, boiling water. Cook for 20 minutes, until tender. Drain and pat try.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Place the potatoes on a lined baking tray. Use a potato masher to lightly smash each potato.
- Mix together 1 package of Heinen’s garlic butter, 1 tsp. of olive oil, 2 minced garlic cloves, 2 Tbsp. of chopped fresh parsley, 1 tsp. of salt and 1/2 tsp. of black pepper. Spread the mixture over each potato.
- Bake for 25 minutes until crisp and golden brown. Serve with 2 Tbsp. of Heinen’s 24-month aged Parmigiano Reggiano and fresh thyme.