The following recipe and photography was provided by Christina Musgrave of Tasting with Tina.
How do you make a Moscow Mule taste like Fall? Add apples!
Sounds simple, right? It is! The art of at-home mixology is taking the base cocktail you al-ready love and adding subtle seasonal touches to give it just a hint of special flavor!
The base of a Moscow Mule is vodka, ginger beer and lime. This recipe features this beloved lineup and adds fresh local apple cider from Heinen’s Produce Department, along with store-bought apple butter and freshly grated ginger. These three additional ingredients bring forth all the best flavors of Autumn without being overpowering.
If you’re really looking to get fancy, add a garnish of cinnamon sticks and pomegranate arils for extra visual appeal. The colors will balance beautifully against a classic copper mug.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- This Ginger Apple Moscow Mule is batch-ready in only 5 minutes, making it perfect for larger Fall gatherings. The recipe below serves four people but can easily be doubled to serve more.
- During the Fall, majority of Heinen’s apple cider is sourced locally! Just one sip and you’ll taste the fresh difference.
- You can easily make this cocktail non-alcoholic if you wish. Simply use a non-alcoholic spirit or omit alcohol altogether.
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 6 oz. vodka or alcohol-free vodka
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 cups fresh local apple cider
- 2 Tbsp. apple butter
- 1 tsp. fresh ginger, grated
- 1 can ginger beer
- Pomegranate arils, for serving
- Heinen’s cinnamon sticks, for serving
- In a pitcher, combine the vodka, lime juice, apple cider, apple butter, ginger and ginger beer.
- Stir well, then add ice.
- Fill four cocktail glasses with ice. Pour into glasses.
- Garnish with pomegranate arils and cinnamon sticks. Serve.