These no-bake bars are an on-the-go breakfast that’s chock-full of omega-3-rich nuts and seeds.
They also have a secret ingredient called maca: a medicinal plant grown high in the mountains of Peru that can enhance strength, stamina and mental clarity. A few tablespoon is all you need to enhance the nutritional value of these simple bars!
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 12 Bars
- 1 cup almonds
- ½ cup sunflower seeds
- ½ cup flax meal (ground flaxseed)
- ½ cup raw pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
- 2 Tbsp. chia seeds
- 2 Tbsp. Navitas maca powder
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- ¼ cup Heinen’s pure organic maple syrup
- ¼ cup Heinen’s coconut oil
- 1/3 cup Heinen’s fresh ground almond butter
- In a food processor, grind the almonds until coarse.
- Add to a bowl with the sunflower seeds, flax meal, pepitas, chia seeds, maca powder and salt.
- In a bowl, combine the maple syrup, coconut oil and almond butter.
- Mix until all are well combined.
- Add the wet mixture to dry ingredients.
- Tear a sheet of parchment slightly bigger than an 8×8 pan. Line an 8×8 pan with the paper.
- Spread the mixture into the lined pan and pat down lightly.
- Place in refrigerator for 1 hour to set.