These no-bake bars are chock full of omega-3-rich nuts and seeds and make for a filling breakfast on-the-go. They have a secret ingredient called maca—a medicinal plant that grows high in the mountains of Peru that can enhance strength, stamina and mental clarity.
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 1 Cup almonds
- ½ Cup sunflower seeds
- ½ Cup flax meal (ground flaxseed)
- ½ Cup raw pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
- 2 Tbsp. chia seeds
- 2 Tbsp. Navitas maca powder
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- ¼ Cup Heinen’s pure maple syrup
- ¼ Cup Heinen’s coconut oil
- 1/3 Cup Heinen’s almond butter
- In a food processor, grind the almonds until coarse.
- Add to a bowl with the sunflower seeds, flax meal, pepitas, chia seeds, maca powder, and salt.
- In a bowl, combine maple syrup, coconut oil, and almond butter.
- Mix until all are well combined.
- Add wet mixture to dried ingredients.
- Tear a sheet of parchment slightly bigger than an 8X8 pan. Line an 8X8 pan with the paper.
- Spread in the mixture and pack down tight.
- Place in refrigerator for 1 hour to set.