I recently just tried overnight oats since our little one (18 months old) wants to eat as soon as she wakes up. It is so nice to just grab and serve! There are also so many flavor combinations to make with oatmeal.
- 1/2 cup of uncooked oatmeal (Bob's Red Mill Quick Cooking or Old Fashioned)
- 3/4 cup of milk (we use S.O. Delicious Organic Coconut Milk, Original. Almond, hemp or regular milk work as well)
- peanut butter + maple syrup + Enjoy Life chocolate chips + banana + shredded coconut
- blueberry + chopped pecans + maple syrup + cinnamon + hemp seeds
- strawberries + banana + cinnamon (or nutmeg) + sliced almonds + flaxseed
Combine ingredients in a jar. Refrigerate overnight or for at least 2 hours. Heat up in the morning or eat just as it is!