The following recipe was created in collaboration with Lauren Schulte. To see more of her bites and meals, visit her Instagram @TheBiteSizePantry. \
Ever get a hankering for something healthy that’s both satisfying and sweet? My PB&J pancakes are just that! Made with 100% whole grain sprouted wheat flour and topped with layers of Bonne Maman jam, these pancakes are packed with the classic sandwich flavor we know and love!
I love baking with sprouted whole wheat flour. Its a great source of nutrients but still gives you those “craveable” light and fluffy pancakes. This whole wheat flour also keeps you fuller longer, so you’ll be fueled for those busy days.
We love pancakes for breakfast in our household, but typically only have them on special occasions. Why? Because traditional pancakes are packed with refined sugar and carbs. This is why I wanted to create a recipe that is both equally healthy and delicious.
The layers of Bonne Maman strawberry jam and honey are a great substitute for refined sugar. If you really want to add extra decadence to your stack, spread a layer of Heinen’s organic freshly ground peanut butter. Its absolute perfection on a plate!
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 10-12 Pancakes
For the Pancakes
- 1 ½ cups King Arthur 100% whole grain sprouted wheat flour
- 1 Tbsp. Heinen’s wild flower honey
- 2 tsp. baking power
- ½ tsp. baking soda or 1 tsp. soda water
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 ¼ cups Heinen’s almond milk
- 2 Heinen’s cage-free eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
For the Toppings
- ½ cup Heinen’s organic freshly ground peanut butter
- ½ cup Bonne Maman strawberry preserves
- 3-4 Driscoll's strawberries, whole or sliced
- 2 Tbsp. maple syrup
- In a large bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In another bowl, combine milk, honey, vanilla, eggs and oil. Mix until smooth.
- Fold the wet ingredients into the flour mixture until combined.
- Spray a griddle or skillet with olive oil cooking spray.
- Heat over medium-low heat.
- Pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle, using 1/4 cup for each pancake, and cook until bubbly on top and golden on the bottom, about 4 minutes.
- Flip and cook until golden on the bottom, about 2 more minutes. Repeat this process until all of the batter is used.
- Place 1-2 pancakes on a plate. Spread a thin layer of the Bonne Maman strawberry preserves on the first pancake.
- Spread a thin layer of Heinen’s organic freshly ground peanut butter on the second pancake.
- Stack the pancakes on top of each other and continue this pattern until the desired stack height is reached.
- Add a dollop of strawberry preserves in the center of the top pancake and garnish with fresh Driscoll’s strawberries and a drizzle of maple syrup.