The following recipe and photography were provided by our partner, Megan Weimer of Dollop of Dough.
Shake and sip your way through the holiday season with this easy homemade Peppermint Martini, otherwise known as the “Peppermintini!”
Some flavors simply evoke a sense of the holidays, and peppermint is one of the most prominent. There’s something about the cool, minty flavor and aroma that just encapsulates the essence of winter so perfectly.
If you love the flavor of peppermint in your seasonal coffees and hot chocolates, your taste buds are guaranteed to melt upon the first sip of this dessert-style martini!
Made from a mixture of chocolate liqueur, peppermint schnapps, vodka and heavy cream, this cocktail is rich, decadent and packed with peppermint flavor.
Whether you’re hosting a spirited soirée or simply craving a cozy night in, this Peppermintini will surely elevate your celebrations.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- It’s Basically Dessert in a Glass. Chocolate liqueur and heavy cream make this cocktail super creamy. It’s the perfect sweet treat to serve after a festive holiday dinner.
- The Outside of the Glass is Just as Tasty as the Cocktail Inside. By rimming martini glasses with melted Heinen’s semi-sweet chocolate chips and crushed candy canes, you add beautiful eye appeal and flavor to this already delicious cocktail!
- It’s Quick to Shake Up. The holidays are the busiest time of year. Thankfully it only takes 5 minutes to make two of these Peppermintinis!
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 2 Drinks
For the Rim
- 2 Tbsp. Heinen’s semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 Tbsp. crushed candy canes
For the Cocktail
- 4 oz. chocolate liqueur
- 3 oz. vodka
- 2 oz. peppermint schnapps
- 2 oz. Heinen’s heavy cream
- Ice cubes
- Microwave the chocolate chips for 1 minute on a plate, stirring in between. Pour the crushed candy canes on a separate plate.
- Run the rims of two martini glasses in the melted chocolate first, rotating the glasses so the rims are evenly coated. Then roll the rims in the crushed candy canes.
- Pour the chocolate liqueur, vodka, peppermint schnapps and heavy cream into a cocktail shaker.
- Fill the shaker with ice, put the top on, and shake until cold.
- Strain the cocktail into the prepared martini glasses and enjoy!