The following recipe and photography was provided by recipe developer and food photographer, Ashley Durand of Plate & Pen.
A pumpkin spice latte can get you through the day, but this Pumpkin Spice Espresso Martini is what you’ll want to sip on every night.
While espresso martinis have been around for years, they seem to have experienced a renaissance with the younger generations, and for good reason – they’re delicious! But add an easy pumpkin spice simple syrup made form Heinen’s organic pumpkin puree and warm seasonal spices, and you’re immediately sipping on the most incredible cross between everyone’s favorite fall coffee and a classic cocktail.
Served in a glass rimmed with specs of sugar, each sip makes the autumn season that much sweeter!
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 1 Martini
For the Pumpkin Spice Simple Syrup
- 1 cup white cane sugar
- 1 cup water
- 2 oz. Heinen’s organic pumpkin purée
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- ½ tsp. Heinen's ground ginger
- 1 tsp. pumpkin spice
- ½ tsp. Heinen's ground nutmeg
- 2 Heinen's cinnamon sticks
For the Martini
- 1 1/2 oz. vodka
- 1 1/2 oz. espresso
- 1 oz. Bailey's Irish cream liquor
- 1 oz. pumpkin spice syrup (see above)
- White cane sugar, for rim
- Lemon slice, for rim
- Cinnamon stick, for garnish
- Bring the water to a boil and add the sugar. After fully dissolved (about 1 minute), add the rest of the ingredients.
- Simmer on low for about 15 minutes, then turn off the burner. Cover with the lid and steep for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, strain the syrup into a jar in multiple batches. Wash the sifter in between batches to avoid large messes and to ensure you end up with as much simple syrup as possible. Set aside.
- Add the vodka, espresso, cream liqueur, pumpkin spice simple syrup and ice to a shaker.
- Shake for 10-20 seconds.
- Run a slice of lemon around the rim of a cocktail glass and dip it in a plate filled with cane sugar.
- Strain the contents of the shaker into the rimmed cocktail glass.
- Garnish with sugar and a cinnamon stick.