The recipes and photography for this post were provided by local blogger, Abby Thome of The Thome Home.
Strawberry Bliss Crostini make the perfect brunch appetizer, or are even a fantastic dessert option!
- 1 loaf of baguette bread
- 1 container of whipped cream cheese
- 1 container of strawberry jam
- Fresh strawberries, sliced
- Chocolate chips
- Keep the baguette slices un-toasted. Believe it or not, it almost takes on a cake-like texture with each bite!
- In the microwave, melt dark chocolate chips in 30 second intervals until completely melted.
- Spread whipped cream cheese on crostini slice. Using whipped cream cheese makes it such a cinch to spread.
- Add a dollop of strawberry jam.
- Top with sliced strawberries.
- Drizzle melted chocolate over crostini – (I find it way easier to scoop melted chocolate into a Ziploc bag. Cut the tip of the corner, and pipe out the melted chocolate! It gives you clean beautiful lines.)
- Top with kosher or sea salt.