Don’t let busy mornings keep you from enjoying a delicious and nutritious breakfast. With just five minutes of prep the night before, you can enjoy a superfood-filled breakfast from your car, desk or breakfast table.
One of the easiest breakfasts to make when on-the-go is overnight oats. Assembled in advance and stored in the refrigerator until you’re ready to enjoy, this recipe features wholesome and hearty rolled oats, chia seeds, freshly ground nut butter, almond milk and sweet berries, but don’t let this ingredient list limit you. You can add as many flavorful toppings as you like to satisfy your taste buds.
I recommend making a batch in bulk to store in mini Mason jars so you have a healthy grab-and-go breakfast every day of the week!
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 1/3 cup rolled oats
- ¼ tsp. Heinen's organic ground cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp. chia seeds
- 1 Tbsp. Heinen's fresh ground peanut butter or almond butter
- ½ cup Heinen's unsweetened almond milk for thick consistency, or up to 2/3 cup for thinner consistency
- ½ cup fresh or frozen berries
- Drizzle of Heinen's raw honey or pure organic maple syrup
- In a 1-pint Mason jar, combine the oats, cinnamon, chia seeds and nut butter.
- Add a splash of almond milk and mix the nut butter into the oats.
- Add the rest of the almond milk and stir to combine.
- Top with fruit and place the lid on the jar.
- Refrigerate overnight, or up to 5 days.
- When ready to serve, add a drizzle of maple syrup or honey, if desired.
- Enjoy chilled.