Smoothies are my favorite way to get a ton of superfoods into one convenient on-the-go meal.
You’ll want to start with 8-12 oz of unsweetened plant-based milk. I love to use unsweetened coconut milk. Then, add in your favorite leafy greens like kale or spinach. Next, I recommend adding frozen cauliflower florets, which really help thicken a smoothie along with a few slices of everyone’s favorite — avocado.
On to the fruit! Berries work beautifully in a smoothie. I use wild, frozen blueberries, but remember you’ll want to add twice as many veggies as fruits. For an extra kick of protein, I suggest a plain plant-based protein powder. To incorporate Omega 3s into your smoothie, choose between chia seeds, flax seeds or hemp seeds. I also like to finish my smoothie with functional foods like mocha or cocoa powder. Today, I’m choosing to add a couple slices of fresh ginger because I love the flavor!
- Total time:
- 8-12 oz. unsweetened plant-based milk (coconut, or milk of your choice)
- A handful of leafy greens (kale or spinach), or Greens Powder (optional)
- 1-2 large heaping spoonfuls of frozen cauliflower florets
- 1-2 Avocado slices
- 1/4 cup wild frozen blueberries
- A scoop of your favorite protein powder
- Optional Omega 3s: Chia seeds, flax seeds or hemp seeds
- Optional Functional Foods: Mocha powder, cocoa powder or fresh ginger
- Start with unsweetened milk and add all items to a blender.
- Blend and enjoy!