The following post was written by Tara Berger, Stylist and Founder of One Stylish Party, an entertaining blog and online party boutique featuring designs and inspiration for entertaining in style.
Nothing says Easter quite like a beautiful spring brunch with family and friends! While hosting a crowd for the Easter holiday can seem daunting, there are plenty of ways to keep your brunch celebration simple without sacrificing style. Here are a few of my tried-and-true tips for hosting an easy and stylish Easter brunch.
1. Incorporate classic dinnerware layered with seasonal pieces. If you already own classic white dinnerware, give your place settings a seasonal twist by incorporating floral print linens, bunny figurines, fresh florals and cute signage. It also helps to pick a color or pattern as an inspiration point to keep your design cohesive.
2. Set your table ahead of time. This allows you to thoughtfully style and decorate your tablescape and also saves time on the day of the party. It is helpful to lay out your empty food platters and cake stands on the table, that way you already know exactly where each food item needs to be placed, making set-up a breeze in the morning.
3. Create a menu featuring gourmet items from Heinen’s Bakery, along with heat-and-serve egg soufflé bites from the Heinen’s Frozen Department. Yogurt parfaits and fresh, seasonal berries and fruit from Heinen’s Produce Department are ideal food features as well. Try to prep as much of the food ahead of the time as you can, such as washing and cutting the fruit, or assembling the yogurt parfaits the night before. Then all you have to do is pop the frozen egg soufflés in the oven and plate the food before guests arrive in the morning.
4. Display your brunch food as part of the tablescape. This helps add fullness to the design and makes it easier for guests to serve themselves throughout the party. Be sure to use platters and cake stands of varying heights to create visual interest.
5. Have a refreshment station for guests that allows them to create their own brunch cocktail or mocktail using a variety of fresh juices, prosecco and sparkling water. Add some style to your refreshment station with patterned cocktail napkins, pretty glassware and themed signage.
With these tips, a little planning and a menu filled with convenient items from Heinen’s, you’re sure to have a fabulous, delicious and easy Easter brunch. Happy brunching!