At Heinen’s, our fascination with wine goes far beyond a simple sip. In fact, we are as passionate about education as we are about the wines themselves. In our eyes, discovering the story behind some of our favorite wines makes a tasting experience much more delicious. Our wine team travels the world to find the best-of-the-best bottles, so each of our wines is not only high quality, but also has a story worth sharing!
You may have attended one of our in-store wine tastings led by our knowledgeable and passionate wine associates, but many of our customers have been asking if virtual and online wine tastings are becoming the “new normal.” While circumstances have certainly driven the opportunity, we believe that virtual tastings are more of a “normal normal” and have become a natural part of our wine tasting landscape.
Be sure to charge your computer, tablet or smart device because you can now enjoy a Heinen’s wine tasting in the comfort of your own home. Our virtual tastings allow you to escape into the world of wine while tasting along with our trusted experts who share all of the juicy details about a few of our favorite selections live! All you have to do is watch, sip, enjoy and even ask our experts a question!
From exploring wines of specific regions to wines made from the same grape to wines of a specific style, each of our virtual wine tastings will have it’s own unique theme to provide an experience that it both educational and enjoyable. We will also offer suggested food pairings because the only thing better than great wine is a great wine and food combo!
Interested in seeing what all of the buzz is about? Our next virtual tasting, featuring celebratory holiday wines and hand-selected artisan cheeses, is on Thursday, December 10th at 6:30 pm EST. / 5:30 pm CST. Our Wine Consultants and Cheese Specialists are happy to help you join in on the fun! Here’s how to get started:
- Visit the Wine Department at your favorite Heinen’s location and ask your Wine Consultant to point you in the direction of our Virtual Wine Tasting selections. You can also look for the bottles labeled “Virtual Wine Tasting.” Featured wines include:
- Schramsberg Blanc de Blancs
- Frank Family Carneros Chardonnay
- Belle Glos Clark & Telephone Vineyard Pinot Noir
- Quilt Cabernet Sauvignon
- Visit the Specialty Cheese Department at your favorite Heinen’s location and ask your Cheese Specialist to point you in the direction of our Virtual Wine Tasting selections. You can also look for the cheeses labeled “Virtual Wine Tasting.” Featured cheeses include:
- Cowgirl Creamery Mt Tam
- Singletons & Co. Trufflewood Cheddar
- Prairie Breeze Cheddar
- Purchase your favorite wine and cheese pairings from our Virtual Wine Tasting selection. You can buy all of them or just a few. Everyone is welcome to participate in our virtual tastings.
- Print the tasting mat below to use during the tasting.
- Visit Heinen’s Facebook page at the designated day and time of the tasting and click on the live video to start watching. No registration or login required. Keep an eye on Heinen’s Facebook for upcoming virtual tasting times and themes.
- Watch, sip and enjoy!
We hope that our virtual tastings provide you with tasty, fun and easy-to-understand information in the most comfortable environment – your home!