The following tips and photography were provided by local blogger Abby Thome of The Thome Home.
No celebration is complete without a cheeseboard, and this one was designed for spring!
Heinen’s Specialty Cheese Department is a treasure trove for the cheese lover, so I couldn’t help but build a board featuring an assortment of their light and bright seasonal cheeses for my upcoming spring entertaining.
This board could not be easier to assemble. Simply slice a few pieces of cheese off of each block, wedge or wheel and place the whole cheeses and cut pieces all throughout a serving board or platter. Once you like the way the cheeses are arranged, add jars of jam or spreads and any of your favorite accoutrements to make the board look full. Then, finish by tucking fresh tulips and greenery from Heinen’s Floral Department along the edges.
The result will be a breathtaking board that everyone will enjoy grazing on this spring!
To help get your creative juices flowing, here are the seasonal cheeses and accoutrements I recommend.
- Heinen’s Hand Selected Triple Crème Brie
- Mackenzie Creamery Sweet Fire Chèvre
- Old Bookly Cheese Teffenhardt Triple Milk Gouda
- Mayfield Road Creamery Havarti Dill
- Snowville Creamery White Cheddar
- Widmer’s Cheese 4 Year Aged Cheddar
- Clawson Blueberry Fayre Cheese
- Heinen’s fruit crisps
- Heinen’s marcona almonds
- Heinen’s praline pecans
- Heinen’s blue cheese stuffed olives
- Two Brothers dark chocolate graham crackers
- Heinen’s fig spread
- Heinen’s sour cheesy spread
- Sliced Salami
- Sliced Carrots
- Sliced Cucumbers
- Snap Peas