This post and photography are courtesy of Holistic Wellness Expert, Nic Abraham. Interested in learning more about wellness? Join Heinen’s Club Fx and for more wellness tips, recipes, product promotions and one-on-one coaching with Heinen’s Wellness Consultants and Registered Dietitians.
In the holistic wellness community, there’s always something new to learn. Have you ever heard of ashwagandha? It’s a shrub that has been known for supporting overall health since ancient times.
Primarily found in India, the Ashwagandha plant consists of small, velvety leaves, bell-shaped flowers and small berries that look like little tomatoes. The berries and roots are collected to make medicine, and research suggests the health benefits are endless.
Let’s take a look at how ashwagandha can benefit you!
The Health Benefits of Ashwagandha
- Supports Mood and Stress Levels
- Supports Heart Health
- Supports Memory
- Supports Male Fertility
- Supports Muscle Mass
- Supports Reduction of Inflammation
- Supports Blood Sugar
If you’re interested in trying ashwagandha but a trip to India is not in your near future, don’t fear! Heinen’s has an assortment of incredible ashwagandha-based supplements in their Wellness Department that offer all of the benefits in convenient caplets and tablets!
Check out a few of my favorites!
Ashwagandha Supplements at Heinen’s
- Bare Organics Ashwagandha Root Powder are a healthy way to cope with stress. This ayurvedic herbal supplement is vegan, gluten-free and soy-free.
- Gaia Herbs Ashwagandha Root Caplets support the overall health of the immune and nervous systems. They’re an excellent option for the busy professional and have been purity tested. The caplets are also vegan, dairy-free, gluten-free and soy-free.
- Garden of Life mykind Organics Ashwagandha Tablets support healthy stress response, energy, mood and digestion. They’re certified USDA Organic, Non-GMO Project Verified, Certified gluten-free by NSF, certified vegan and kosher.
- Heinen’s Ashwagandha supports energy levels and healthy stress response. The vegetarian capsules contain no dairy, wheat, gluten, soy, preservatives, artificial colors or artificial flavors.
- Himalaya Ashwagandha Caplets support stress relief and sustained energy levels by promoting deeper relaxation levels for occasional sleeplessness. This supplement is Certified USDA Organic, Non-GMO Project Verified and vegan, with no wheat, corn, soy or dairy.
- New Chapter Magnesium + Ashwagandha Tablets promote relaxation and support muscle, bone, heart and nerve health. These 100% vegetarian tablets are Non-GMO Project Verified, Certified gluten-free by NSF and kosher.
If you have an autoimmune or thyroid disease, please consult your physician before taking ashwagandha.