What is a Champagne Mango?
You can find the freshest champagne mangos in Heinen’s Produce Department. Check out our other favorite unique items by clicking here.
- Smaller than red or green mangoes with intense, sweet flavor and a higher pulp-to-pit ratio
- Velvety smooth with almost no fibrous texture
- Oval-shaped and slightly crook-necked
- Contains over 20 vitamins and minerals
- One serving (3/4 cup) provides half of your daily vitamin C needs
- Fat free, sodium free and cholesterol free
- Only available from March-July
- Choose mangoes with a deep golden yellow exterior
- Place in a sealed paper bag with another mango or other ethylene producing fruits (avocados or tomatoes) to speed up the ripening process
- Delicious in both savory dishes and sweet desserts