The following recipe and photography was provided by Christina Musgrave of Tasting with Tina.
I love a good chicken or beef lettuce wrap from a restaurant, so why not reinvent that concept at home with a protein from the sea?
These Ahi Tuna Lettuce Cups are the result of my experiment and they are are a quick and savory seafood dinner that you can throw together in a pinch.
Made in just 10 minutes, this dish features fresh carrots, cucumber, avocado and savory seared tuna served on top of crunchy butter lettuce. You won’t find a meal as fresh, flavorful or fast!
Ahi Tuna Lettuce Cups
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tsp. sesame oil
- 1 tsp. corn starch
- 2 lbs. ahi tuna
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 head butter lettuce
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cucumber, sliced thinly
- 1 avocado, sliced thinly
- Combine the soy sauce, sesame oil and corn starch in a small bowl. Whisk well and set aside.
- Pat the ahi tuna dry and season with salt and pepper. Heat a pan over medium-high heat and add the olive oil. When the olive oil shimmers, add the tuna and sear for 2 minutes per side, or until the outside is seared, but the inside is rare. Remove from the skillet and set aside.
- Thinly slice the tuna. Assemble the lettuce cups by adding sliced tuna, shredded carrots, cucumber slices and avocado slices to butter lettuce pieces.
- Top the lettuce cups with the sesame sauce and serve.