The following recipe and photography was provided by Christina Musgrave of Tasting with Tina.
You’ve probably had a crepe before, but have you ever had a crepe that tasted like apple pie?
Best served for brunch or dessert, these sweet French-inspired treats are deliciously easy to assemble thanks to Melissa’s premade crepe shells from the Heinen’s Produce Department.
Packed with a spiced apple filling and topped with whipped cream and powdered sugar, these crepes are bursting with the flavors of fall.
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 1 package Melissa’s premade crepes
- 3 Gala apples, diced
- 1 tsp. Heinen’s organic ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. Heinen's organic ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp. Heinen’s organic ground allspice
- 2 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- Whipped cream, for topping
- Powdered sugar, for topping
- Combine the diced apples, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, brown sugar and butter in a large skillet. Simmer and mix well over medium heat for 15 minutes until the apples are soft.
- Stuff the apple filling into the crepe shells and gently fold.
- Top the crepes with whipped cream, a sprinkle powdered sugar and serve.