The following recipe and photography was provided by Christina Musgrave of Tasting with Tina.
This tasty Apple Pomegranate Pecan Salad is an easy and healthy dish that’s perfect for the winter season!
With crisp apples, tart pomegranates and soft, local greenhouse-grown lettuce, this salad is packed with a variety of textures and flavors that make it exciting to eat.
The dressing is super unique and gut friendly because it’s made with kombucha. If you don’t enjoy drinking kombucha, this is a great way to get a boost of probiotics.
Easily enhanced with chicken for added protein, make this salad the next time you meal prep or entertain!
- Prep time:
- Total time:
For the Dressing
- 1/4 cup GT’s Synergy Kombucha
- 2 Tbsp. Heinen’s Dijon mustard
- 2 Tbsp. Heinen’s extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp. Heinen’s honey
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
For the Salad
- 6 cups greenhouse-grown lettuce, Great Lakes Growers or Buckeye Fresh
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1 apple, sliced
- 1/2 red onion, sliced
- 1/2 cup Heinen's goat cheese
- Make the salad dressing. Combine the kombucha, Dijon mustard, olive oil, honey, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Whisk well and set aside.
- Combine the lettuce, pecans, pomegranate seeds, dried cranberries, sliced apple and sliced red onion in a large bowl. Add the dressing and toss well.
- Top with crumbled goat cheese and serve.