The following recipe and photography were provided courtesy of Julia of A Cedar Spoon.
This flatbread uses seasonal fresh apricots and apricot jam. When combined with savory goat cheese, the resulting flavors are simply perfect. I love the crunchy sliced almonds and a finishing drizzle of honey for added sweetness.
This is a quick and easy recipe that can be served warm or enjoyed cold. I tried it both in the oven and air fryer and both were great options!
I think this recipe works great as a snack/appetizer, but would also be a delicious addition to a summer meal.
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 2 flatbreads
- 2 naan breads flatbreads
- 6 oz. apricot jam
- 1 4 oz. container of Heinen's goat cheese
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 4 -5 fresh apricots, sliced
- 4 green onions, white and green parts chopped
- Microgreens (optional)
- Heinen's honey, to drizzle (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350° F
- Lay the two flatbreads on a baking sheet.
- Spread the apricot jam evenly on the two flatbreads.
- Sprinkle the goat cheese evenly over each flatbread.
- Add the sliced almonds and sliced apricots.
- Drizzle honey over each flatbread, if desired.
- Bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes, or until the naan starts to get crispy and the goat cheese is just melting.
- Remove from the oven and garnish with green onion and microgreens.
- Drizzle on more honey, if desired.
- Cut and serve warm.
- This flatbread can be served cold.
- Other ingredients that would be great are other types of jam like fig or strawberry, other stone fruit like nectarines, feta cheese, other nuts like pine nuts or walnuts and fresh herbs like sage, parsley or basil.
- You can use pita bread or any flatbread you have on hand.
- I have made this in the air fryer as well and it works great. Preheat the air fryer at 400° F for 5 minutes, then turn the air fryer to 350° F and cook for about 5 minutes or until the bread is just crispy.