Heinen’s is Kickin’ it with Kenny again this holiday season. Catch us Tuesday Morning December 8th, and tag along as Kenny and Chef Jacki explore some of our favorite semi-homemade recipes and entertaining ideas that are perfect for the holidays. Here you’ll find all the scrumptious recipes and simple entertaining ideas discussed on the show.
Artisan Bread Pudding with Spiced Crème Fraiche
- 8 cups Heinen’s Artisan Cranberry Walnut Bread or Raisin Pecan Bread, cut into 1” pieces
- 2 cups Heinen’s Heavy Whipping Cream
- 2 cups Heinen’s Whole Milk
- 1/2 cup Heinen’s Unsalted Butter
- 4 Heinen’s eggs
- 4 tsp. vanilla extract
Spiced Creme Fraiche
- 8 oz. container Vermont Creamery Crème Fraiche
- 1/2 tsp. powdered sugar
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- Preheat your oven to 350⁰F. Coat a large casserole dish with non-stick baking spray.
- Place bread into a large mixing bowl.
- In a 4 qt. saucepan, mix together whipping cream and milk. Once combined, add in butter and cook over a medium heat until butter is melted.
- Pour the milk mixture into bowl of bread cubes. Let mixture stand for 20 minutes so liquid can absorb into bread pieces.
- Beat eggs slightly to blend and pour into bread mixture; add vanilla. Mix well.
- Pour into prepared baking dish and bake for 1 to 1½ hours or until bread pudding is set and golden brown.
Spiced Creme Fraiche:
- Mix together Crème Fraiche, powdered sugar and cinnamon. Dollop on top of bread pudding servings.