Heinen’s is Kickin’ it with Kenny again this holiday season. Catch us Tuesday Morning December 8th, and tag along as Kenny and Chef Jacki explore some of our favorite semi-homemade recipes and entertaining ideas that are perfect for the holidays. Here you’ll find all the scrumptious recipes and simple entertaining ideas discussed on the show.
- 8 cups Heinen’s Artisan Cranberry Walnut Bread or Raisin Pecan Bread, cut into 1” pieces
- 2 cups Heinen’s Heavy Whipping Cream
- 2 cups Heinen’s Whole Milk
- 1/2 cup Heinen’s Unsalted Butter
- 4 Heinen’s eggs
- 4 tsp. vanilla extract
Spiced Creme Fraiche
- 8 oz. container Vermont Creamery Crème Fraiche
- 1/2 tsp. powdered sugar
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- Preheat your oven to 350⁰F. Coat a large casserole dish with non-stick baking spray.
- Place bread into a large mixing bowl.
- In a 4 qt. saucepan, mix together whipping cream and milk. Once combined, add in butter and cook over a medium heat until butter is melted.
- Pour the milk mixture into bowl of bread cubes. Let mixture stand for 20 minutes so liquid can absorb into bread pieces.
- Beat eggs slightly to blend and pour into bread mixture; add vanilla. Mix well.
- Pour into prepared baking dish and bake for 1 to 1½ hours or until bread pudding is set and golden brown.
Spiced Creme Fraiche:
- Mix together Crème Fraiche, powdered sugar and cinnamon. Dollop on top of bread pudding servings.