The following recipe and photography were provided courtesy of Julia of A Cedar Spoon.
Avocado Egg Salad on Toast is a light, filling and beautiful dish to serve to guests at a brunch, but also works for breakfast, lunch, dinner and even as a snack! It comes together in under 20 minutes and makes a nice addition to your weekly meal-plan. I recommend making it ahead of time to enjoy in different ways throughout the week.
This egg salad recipes features Heinen’s cage free eggs, Heinen’s brioche bread and Heinen’s delicious pure organic maple syrup in the dressing. The avocado in this recipe replaces mayonnaise that you typically find in egg salad to create that creamy, hearty egg salad that we all love.
Fresh herbs, like dill and parsley, really brighten up this salad and take it to the next level.
If you are meal-prepping for the week, you have to add this Avocado Egg Salad to your menu. It is so easy to prepare, healthy and the perfect on-the-go meal for those busy evenings!
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 4 eggs, hard boiled and grated or finely chopped
- 1 ripe avocado, mashed
- 3 Tbsp. dill pickles, finely chopped
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 celery stalk, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp. fresh dill, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/2 tsp. Heinen's sweet paprika
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- Heinen's brioche bread, toasted
- Bring 1/2 to 1 inch of water to a boil in a large saucepan over high heat. Carefully place a steamer insert into the pan over the boiling water, or proceed to step 2, if not using a steamer insert.
- Carefully add the eggs using a large spoon or tongs. Cover and continue cooking 12 minutes for large eggs (13 minutes for extra large eggs).
- Drain immediately and cool the eggs completely under cold running water, or in bowl of ice water.
- While the eggs cool, prepare the egg salad by adding the avocado, pickles, green onions, celery, red onion, fresh dill, parsley, paprika, salt and pepper. Gently mix.
- Peel the hard boiled eggs, cut them in half, then chop them into small pieces.
- Place the chopped eggs in the mixing bowl with the other salad ingredients.
- Gently mix the eggs into the salad.
- Toast the brioche bread and top with the egg salad. Garnish with fresh dill and parsley. Serve.