The following recipe and photography was provided by Christina Musgrave of Tasting with Tina.
Give mashed potatoes a deliciously indulgent boost of flavor with the help of a little bacon and brie!
These potatoes are cheesy, savory and so delicious for the holiday season. Featuring Heinen’s newly-released French brie and classic meaty bacon, this side dish will be the talk of the dinner table.
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 4 strips Heinen’s bacon
- 3 lbs. red potatoes, peeled
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 4 Tbsp. Heinen's unsalted butter, melted
- 1 wheel Heinen’s French brie, rind removed and cut into cubes
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- Fresh herbs, such as rosemary and thyme, for serving
- Cook the bacon strips in a skillet over medium heat until crispy. Once cooked, set on a paper towel to drain. Set aside.
- Place the potatoes in a large pot and cover with water. Salt the water generously. Cook over medium-high heat until boiling. Once boiling, cover and lower the heat to a simmer. Cook for 25 minutes, or until tender. Drain the potatoes and return them to the pot.
- Mash the potatoes with a potato masher. Once you’ve mashed most of the potatoes, add the sour cream, melted butter, half of the brie, salt and pepper. Continue mashing until the potatoes reach your desired consistency.
- When ready to serve, add the remaining brie and stir until it starts to melt.
- Transfer the mashed potatoes to a serving bowl. Cut the bacon strips into small pieces and garnish the potatoes with bacon bits and fresh herbs.