The following recipe and photography were provided by local blogger Carolyn Hodges of The Dinner Shift.
After the hustle and bustle of the holidays, take a break from cooking and ring in the new year with dinner shortcuts from Heinen’s!
You can’t beat the convenience and quality of the ready-to-heat and ready-to-eat entrees and side dishes from Heinen’s Daily Bites. They can be combined to make a full meal or added to your dinner plan to cut down on prep time. Look for these meal solutions, color-coded for simplicity, in Heinen’s Prepared Foods Department.
This simple meal is perfect for a small, but still traditional, New Year’s Day dinner and features Heinen’s Daily Bites potato and cheese pierogies and sauerkraut balls. Make a simple green salad to round out the meal, or pick up a prepared salad or ready-to-heat vegetable from Heinen’s Daily Bites.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- Heinen’s Daily Bites is your one-stop shop for fresh, high-quality foods that you don’t need to cook from scratch. Featuring seasonal staples like pierogies and sauerkraut balls, you can celebrate the new year while taking a break from holiday cooking!
- Heinen’s Daily Bites allows you to customize a meal to satisfy your cravings and the preferences of others in your family. This simple meal idea can be customized by adding an additional entree, vegetable side or green salad.
- Dinner is ready in 5 minutes without any prep work. Simply heat your Heinen’s Daily Bites selections according to instructions on the label, plate and enjoy!
- Cook time:
- Total time:
- 1 container Heinen’s Daily Bites potato and cheese pierogies with sautéed onions
- 1 container Heinen’s Daily Bites sauerkraut balls
- Chopped chives (optional)
- Sour cream (optional)
- Green salad (optional)
- Heat the pierogies and sauerkraut balls according to the recommended heating instructions on the label.
- Serve topped with chopped chives and sour cream.
- Add a green salad or Heinen’s Daily Bites ready-to-heat vegetable on the side, if desired.