The following recipe and photography was provided by Christina Musgrave of Tasting with Tina.
Seasonal Hatch chiles take center stage in this flavor-packed side dish!
Traditional corn pudding is delicious, but the combination of sweet corn, savory bacon and mildly spicy New Mexico-grown hatch chiles takes the eating experience to a new level without adding any complicated prep work.
Why You’ll Love this Recipe
- It’s a great way to use Hatch chiles while they’re in season. Hatch chiles are grown in Hatch, New Mexico and are available at Heinen’s for a short time each summer. They range in heat and can be purchased roasted or raw for all of your cooking needs. They’re also easy to freeze, so stock up during the season to enjoy all year long.
- It’s a versatile dish. Serve this as a side for a summer barbeque, or even as a savory breakfast!
- It’s customizable. If Hatch chiles aren’t in season, or of you prefer a milder pepper, green peppers will work just as well.
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 3 Heinen’s cage free eggs
- 2 cups Heinen’s whole milk
- 4 cups corn kernels, fresh or canned
- 1 cup Hatch chiles, or any green chiles
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 6 pieces Heinen’s CARE Certified bacon, cooked and chopped
- 1 cup Heinen’s shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Grease a baking dish and set aside.
- Beat the eggs in a large bowl. Add the milk, corn kernels, Hatch chiles, sugar, salt and pepper. Stir well.
- Add the chopped bacon and shredded cheddar cheese. Mix well and pour into the prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 1 hour. Let cool and serve.