The following recipe and photography was provided by Christina Musgrave of Tasting with Tina.
This Bacon Hatch Chile Corn Pudding is an easy, flavor-packed side dish!
With simple ingredients and a super quick prep, this dish couldn’t be easier. The mild spice of the chiles, savory bacon and sweet corn combine to create a delicious spin on traditional corn pudding.
Serve this as a side for a summer barbeque, or even as a savory breakfast! I recommend using Hatch Chiles when they’re in season, but if you can’t find any, green chiles are a great substitute.
Bacon Hatch Chile Corn Pudding
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 3 Heinen’s cage free eggs
- 2 cups Heinen’s whole milk
- 4 cups corn kernels, fresh or canned
- 1 cup Hatch chiles, or any green chiles
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 6 pieces Heinen’s CARE Certified bacon, cooked and chopped
- 1 cup Heinen’s shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Grease a baking dish and set aside.
- Beat the eggs in a large bowl. Add 2 cups of Heinen’s whole milk, 4 cups of corn kernels, 1 cup of Hatch chiles, ¼ cup of sugar, ½ tsp. of salt, and ½ tsp. of pepper. Stir well.
- Add the chopped bacon and 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese. Mix well and pour into the prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 1 hour. Let cool and serve.