Bagels and Lox, have you tried it? This traditional brunch dish is not only delectable, but it is also visually stunning. Even better than that? It requires zero cooking! Yes, you heard that right. As long as you can push the toaster lever down, you will have no problems creating this incredible brunch spread.
Simple and Customizable!
The simplicity of this platter will fool every guest that walks by. Set the largest items on the tray first; a bowl of cream cheese followed by bagels. Use your imagination and fill in the blanks with the condiments and toppings. This week at Heinen’s, there are the most beautiful Dahlias. Simply take off the stem, all the way to the base of the flower and place on the platter.
Bagel & Lox Brunch Platter Necessities
- Everything Bagels – toasted
- Cream Cheese – plain, herb, or whipped
- Red Onion – sliced thin, or pickled (quick recipe below)
- Smoked Salmon – Verlasso Smoked Salmon
- Cucumber – sliced thin
Quick-Pickle Red Onion Ingredients:
- 1/2 cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 Tbsp Sugar
- 1.5 tsp Kosher Salt
- 1 cup Water
- 1 Large Red Onion, sliced thin
Quick-Pickle Red Onion Instructions:
- Slice red onion, place into a mason jar.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the vinegar, water, salt and sugar.
- Pour liquid over the red onions, place cap on and keep in fridge for 2 hours.
- The longer they sit the better! Keep them in the fridge and enjoy on top of sandwiches all week long!
However you stack it, bagels and lox are a perfectly chic addition to any brunch. This platter is something that can be done on the fly and set out for others to craft their very own brunch bite!