The following recipe, video and photography were provided by our partner, Alissa DiSanto of Sauced By Sunday.
Baked brie is a staple appetizer at many holiday gatherings, and for good reason! Melty and perfectly dippable, it’s the ultimate way to start a festive meal!
The great thing about baked brie is that it is a blank canvas for virtually any kind of topping. This holiday season, I am taking the sweet route and topping this indulgent cheese with butter and brown sugar-simmered apples and a thick caramel sauce!
The end result is a sweet, creamy creation that smells like apple pie and is sure to warm you and your guests from the inside out.
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 8 oz. wheel of brie
- 1 Tbsp. Heinen’s butter
- 1 large apple, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. Heinen’s brown sugar
- 3 Tbsp. store-bought salted caramel
- Sea Salt
- Heinen’s fruit crisp crackers
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Place the wheel of brie in a parchment-lined baking dish. Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- While the brie is baking, melt the butter in a small saucepan. Add the chopped apples and brown sugar. Cook until the apples are soft, about 4-5 minutes.
- Remove the brie from the oven and carefully transfer it to a serving dish. Pour the butter, brown sugar and apple mixture over the brie and drizzle with the salted caramel sauce.
- Sprinkle with sea salt.
- Serve warm with crackers.
Note: If you cannot find salted caramel sauce, simply buy regular caramel sauce and sprinkle sea salt overtop.