Recipe, video and photography provided by Heinen’s partner, Chef Billy Parisi.
Served for the Big Game or as an appetizer for any casual get together, these baked chicken wings are a guaranteed win!
Chicken wings from Heinen’s taste great seasoned with just a little salt and pepper, but a simple wing sauce will take them over the top. From classic buffalo, to flavorful chili and garlic, to sweet mustard, these sauces will cover every wing and flavor preference.
- Total time:
For the Chicken Wings
- 3 – 3 ½ lbs. of chicken wings
- 2 Tbsp. oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
For the Buffalo Sauce
- ¾ cup buffalo sauce
- ½ stick unsalted butter
For the Honey and Chili Garlic Sauce
- ½ cup chili garlic paste (sambal)
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup honey
For the Sweet Mustard
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 3 Tbsp. yellow mustard
- 2 Tbsp. whole grain mustard
- ¼ cup honey
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Add wings, oil and salt and pepper to a bowl and mix until the wings are fully coated.
- Evenly spread the wings on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 400°.
- Turn the wings over and return to the oven to bake for another 20-25 minutes, or until browned and cooked throughout.
- For the buffalo sauce, add all ingredients to a small pot over low heat and whisk until combined and the butter is melted. Set aside.
- For the honey and chili garlic sauce, add all ingredients to a small pot over low heat and whisk until combined. Bring to a boil, remove from the heat and set aside.
- For the sweet mustard, add all ingredients to a small pot over low heat and whisk until combined and the butter is melted. Set aside.
- Toss the wings in the sauces of your choice and serve.