Cheese is a classic appetizer often served at gatherings and social functions. There are so many different ways to prepare and pair the countless types of cheese that exist that it can become overwhelming when planning a menu. One of my favorites Camembert Au Calvados, which can be found in the specialty cheese case at Heinen’s. Warm and creamy with sweet hints of honey and maple, this cheese is the perfect dippable appetizer and pairs beautifully with your favorite sparkling wines.
- 1 Wheel Camembert Au Calvados
- 1-2 Sprigs Fresh Rosemary (optional)
- 1 Tablespoon Honey or Maple Syrup
- 1-2 Apples, sliced
- 2 teaspoons Sliced Almonds or crushed walnuts
- Remove cold camembert from box and packaging. Crosshatch score the top and place wheel in an ovenproof dish.
- Top with drizzled honey or maple syrup and rosemary sprigs. Bake 350 degrees for approximately 10 minutes or until the top of cheese is caramelized. Remove from the oven. Remove rosemary sprigs and sprinkle with almonds or walnuts.
- Serve with slices of apple for dipping. Pairs will with sparkling dry white wine or hard cider.