Recipe created by Caitlyn Elf of Cait’s Plate and shared by our partners at USA Pears.
The perfect combination of crumb cake and doughnuts, these pear-infused circular treats are a delicious way to take advantage of in-season pears!
For those who believe that dessert and fruit do not mix, we think that you will reconsider after just one bite of these baked doughnuts!
Baked Pear Crumb Doughnuts
For the Doughnuts
- 1 cup all purpose or white whole wheat flour
- ¾ tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp. ground ginger
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ½ cup plain, whole milk Greek or skyr yogurt
- ¼ cup packed brown sugar
- ¼ cup canola oil
- 2 large eggs
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 pear, diced (preferably green or red Anjou)
For the Crumb Topping
- ½ cup all purpose or white whole wheat flour
- ¼ cup rolled oatmeal
- 2 Tbsp. brown sugar
- ¼ tsp. cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 2 Tbsp. crushed walnuts
- 4 Tbsp. butter, room temperature
- Preheat oven to 375˚F and grease two 8-section doughnut pans.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger and salt in a mixing bowl and whisk to combine.
- In a separate mixing bowl, combine yogurt, sugar, canola oil, eggs and vanilla extract and use an electric beater to combine.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir a few times to incorporate. When there are a few flour pockets remaining, fold in pears.
- Mix until just combined and pears are evenly distributed.
- Make the crumb topping by combining everything together in a bowl and use your hands to combine.
- Pour batter into a piping bag, then pipe into prepared doughnut pans.
- Add crumb mixture to the top of each doughnut and press down gently, to ensure it sticks.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until doughnuts spring back to the touch. Let rest for 5 minutes, then enjoy!
Interested in making this recipe? Order the ingredients online for Curbside Grocery Pickup or Delivery.