The following recipe and photography was provided by our partners at Banza.
All aboard! This summer-inspired pasta salad featuring Banza’s chickpea-based pasta wheels is a one way ticket on the train to flavor town.
Mixed with fresh veggies, creamy Mozzarella cheese and topped with a tangy vinaigrette, this pasta salad is a delicious side dish or light lunch!
Banzanella Pasta Salad
For the Salad
- 1 box Banza wheels
- 1 ½ lbs. tomatoes, chopped and divided
- ½ red onion, finely sliced
- 4 oz. mozzarella balls
- ½ avocado
- ½ cup loosely packed fresh basil, finely chopped
- 3 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil, divided
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
For the Vinaigrette
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 ½ Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1 clove of garlic, finely minced
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- Place half of the cut tomatoes onto a baking tray and drizzle with 1 Tbsp. of olive oil plus a generous pinch of salt and pepper. Broil on high for 5-7 minutes, or until tender.
- In the meantime, bring a large pot of salty water to a boil, then add in the Banza wheels. Cook for 7 minutes, stirring occasionally. Drain but do not rinse.
- Heat 2 Tbsp. of olive oil in a large saut̩é pan over medium heat. Once warm, add the drained wheels to the pan and saut̩é for 2-3 minutes until slightly crispy.
- Add the pasta to a large bowl with the broiled tomatoes, remaining raw tomatoes, red onion, avocado, mozzarella and fresh basil.
- Whisk all of the dressing ingredients together in a small bowl, then pour over the salad. Mix well and serve!