The following recipe and photography were provided by local blogger Carolyn Hodges of The Dinner Shift.
Look no further than Heinen’s Prepared Foods Department for a wide selection of dinner shortcuts!
From seasoned and cooked proteins to fresh and flavorful sides, they have everything you need to get dinner on the table in minutes.
You can build an entire meal out of these items, or incorporate them into your own recipes, like I’m doing here. Made with Heinen’s barbeque pulled pork, these quesadillas are ready in about 10 minutes and super family friendly. Simply heat the prepared pork, fold in some canned black beans, and toast between whole grain tortillas with shredded colby jack cheese (cheddar and pepperjack work great, too). I like to serve these with a side of fresh pineapple and crispy coleslaw.
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- Heinen’s barbeque pulled pork (from Prepared Foods Department)
- Heinen’s organic black beans, drained and rinsed
- 8-inch whole wheat tortillas
- Heinen’s shredded Colby Jack cheese
- Two Brothers BBQ sauce
- Optional garnish: sliced green onions, chopped cilantro
- Heat pulled pork until steaming; stir in black beans to your taste.
- Set a skillet over medium heat. Lay a tortilla in the pan and cover half with the pulled pork and bean mixture. Top with a generous sprinkling of cheese, then fold the other half over to cover.
- Toast on each side for about 3 minutes, or until cheese melts and tortilla is toasted and light golden brown.
- Remove from pan and cut into 3 triangles. Drizzle with extra BBQ sauce, or serve on the side for dipping. Garnish with green onions and cilantro, if desired.