The following recipe and photography is courtesy of Graham R. and his dog, Carl. For more of their delicious food ventures, visit them on Instagram @cookingwithcarrrl.
As the Big Game approaches, it’s time to start studying the play book again. Football is the main event, but let’s be real, the food is why we show up to any watch party.
In honor of the Big Game, I transformed an American fast food staple into a game day treat that will have the masses cheering, no matter the score. All you’ll need to crush this recipe is beef, special sauce, lettuce and cheese. Sound familiar? It’s a Big Mac Skillet Dip! This meaty, cheesy appetizer captures all of the iconic flavors of the classic burger it in a skillet with fresh sesame biscuit buns for dipping.
The real MVP that makes this recipe a true winner Grillo’s Fresh Pickle de Gallo – a pickle-based salsa loaded with dill pickles, onions and bell peppers. The brine used in this relish is so fresh you can honestly drink it. The pickles are very crisp compared to traditional relish and they add great texture to the sauce. You can opt to use regular relish, but the Pickle de Gallo out kicks the coverage and truly makes this a special sauce. Grab a tub on your next outing to Heinen’s!
Cooked and served in one skillet, this dip could not be easier to make. Simply pop it in the oven let your game day fans dip in as they please. This is also a great recipe to prep at home and bake at your final party destination.
Would you like fries with that?
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
For the Dip
- 3/4 lb. Heinen’s CARE Certified ground beef
- 12 oz. (1 1/2 blocks) cream cheese
- 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 can biscuit dough
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 1/2 Tbsp. sesame seeds
For the Special Sauce
- 3/4 cup mayo
- 3 Tbsp. mustard
- 2 Tbsp. ketchup
- 2 Tbsp. Grillo’s Pickle de Gallo
- 2 tsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp. sriracha or your favorite hot sauce
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
For Topping and Serving
- White onion
- Heinen's steakhouse fries
- Preheat the oven to 350˚F.
- In a bowl, add all the special sauce ingredients. Mix well and set aside.
- Brown the ground beef in a skillet over medium heat. Drain and transfer to a large bowl. Add 1 cup of cheddar, cream cheese and all but about 1/3 cup of the special sauce. Mix well.
- Cut each biscuit in half and roll into balls. Line the balls around the outer edge of the bottom of the skillet. Brush with melted butter and top with sesame seeds.
- Add the dip to the center of the skillet and top with the remaining cheddar cheese. Bake for 25 minutes.
- After 25 minutes, cover the skillet with foil and bake for an additional 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, remove the dip from the oven and serve immediately.
- Serve topped with lettuce, onion, pickles, tomatoes and a drizzle of any remaining special sauce over the top.
- This is a great appetizer to serve on a small plate so each person can build their own burger dip!
- Heinen’s steakhouse fries, can also be served as dippers. They are great for scooping up all of the little bits the biscuit buns miss.