This recipe and photography were provided by local blogger Abby Thome of The Thome Home.
This sweet spread is sure to impress! Rich blueberry preserves are mixed with balsamic vinegar and swirled into a goat cheese mixture with thyme and honey creating a flavor profile that is sweet and tangy with just the right amount of thyme to balance it all out.
Looking for a savory spread? Check out this recipe for my Goat Cheese Spread with Heirloom Tomatoes and Balsamic Glaze.
- Prep time:
- Total time:
For the Spread
- 1 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 12 oz. goat cheese
- 1/2 cup feta cheese
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 2 Tbsp. honey
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tsp. thyme
- 1/2 cup blueberry preserves
- 2 tsp. balsamic vinegar
For the Cinnamon Vanilla Butter Compote
- 1 stick unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- Pinch of kosher salt
- In a medium bowl with a handheld mixer, whip together the ricotta cheese, goat cheese, feta cheese, honey, lemon zest and juice, salt, pepper, olive oil and thyme.
- Pour into an 8×8 baking dish.
- Mix together the blueberry preserves with the balsamic vinegar.
- Dollop the preserves onto the top of the goat cheese spread. Use a toothpick or knife and swirl the blueberry preserves into the cheese spread.
- Bake at 350˚F for 30 minutes.
- Toast crostini, for serving.
- Using a handheld mixer, whip together all of the ingredients for the Cinnamon Vanilla Butter Compote until light and fluffy.
- Serve alongside Blueberry and Thyme Goat Cheese Spread and toasted crostini.