The following recipe and photography were provided by our partner, Yoko Segawa of Yoko’s Kitchen.
Bring dessert-like flavors to the breakfast table with this simple Blueberry Ricotta Toast!
Toppings for toast have evolved far past butter and jam and over the years. From the ever-popular avocado to cottage cheese, yogurt, fried eggs and even hummus, the options for customizing this staple morning meal are simply endless.
If you find yourself with a sweet tooth in the morning, this Blueberry Ricotta Toast will be the ideal way to start your day! Featuring a perfectly toasted piece of 10 grain bread with a smear of ricotta cheese, a dollop of blueberry preserves and a drizzle of honey, your taste buds will be shocked at how closely the flavors resemble blueberry cheesecake!
Why We Love This Recipe
- It uses Mediterra 10 Grain Bread, which is made in Pittsburgh, PA using organic soaked whole grains. High in fiber and protein, it’s subtly sweet flavor and crusty texture make it the perfect base for any of your favorite toast toppings.
- It can be made quickly. If you need an easy and satisfying breakfast on a busy morning, you can have this toast in your belly in only 10 minutes.
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 2 slices of Mediterra 10 grain bread
- ½ cup ricotta cheese
- 1 Tbsp. blueberry preserves
- ½ cup fresh blueberries
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Heinen’s honey
- Maldon sea salt flakes
- Toast the bread in a toaster, on the stovetop or in the oven.
- Spread ricotta cheese over the toast. Dollop the preserves over the ricotta layer. Swirl the two layers together.
- Top with the blueberries, lemon zest and flaky salt.
- Drizzle with honey and enjoy immediately.